SIGN IN / REGISTER
To apply for jobs or to upload your CV, please register your details
Senior Sales Manager
Our client is an independent infrastructure company, who build and operate communication towers and other wireless infrastructure to enable the connection between networks and the communities that rely on their services. They are now in a growth phase and hence require a strong Head of Sales to take their business forward.
Senior Sales Manager – Small Cells, Indoor Networks reporting to the Head of Sales, Small Cells, Indoor Networks.
The Senior Sales Manager for Small Cells is responsible for developing, managing and creating new venue relationships in order to grow the Small Cells pipeline of opportunities to ensure the successful growth of the Company’s newly launched Small Cells business. You will be acquisition focused and while experience in mobile/wireless is an advantage we are really looking for someone who has experience of selling to the Hotel, shared offices, owned and managed offices, new build property i.e. the property development market.
Small Cells as Indoor Networks
The use of small cells in an indoor environment provides venues with the ability to radically improve indoor mobile reception without the need to rely on the outdoor mobile network by creating a dedicated signal indoors for all Mobile Network Operators (MNOs). More than 85% of calls and internet access on mobiles is made from indoors and we are targeting the enterprise market with our indoor small cell product offering. This product will be simple to install and buyers will contract for this service with an upfront connection payment and a monthly service fee. Typically venues that are between 100k sq ft – 300k sq ft will be targeted for this product offering which will work for all the UK MNOs (3UK, O2, EE & Vodafone).
Working closely with the Head of Sales, Sales Manager and Marketing Manager (to be hired), the Senior Sales Manager will hold full accountability for researching, targeting, lead generation and prospect management in order to successfully contract with venue partners.
The post holder will be responsible for managing the sales and business development process from initial research through to negotiation and completion of contracts and will comprise (but not be limited to) the following activities:
- Working with the Head of Sales and Senior Sales Manager to create sector specific sales plans to drive prospect engagement and sales execution;
- Proactive engagement with venue prospects;
- Delivering against weekly, monthly and quarterly sales and pipeline targets;
- Broadening the existing venue partner base and increasing market penetration by raising awareness of our product offering;
- Presenting ideas and defining new strategies for sales pipeline growth;
- Supporting, coaching and sharing best practice with the Sales Manager;
- Adopt a consultative approach to client engagement
- Conducting a robust qualification process and providing accurate forecasting of the sales pipeline;
- Developing a targeted and long-term business development strategy for the identified market segments;
- Identifying and developing the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators for targeted market segments;
- Identifying target prospects and identifying key stakeholders within those organisations;
- Creation of bid materials, proposals and assist in the creating of online social content to raise awareness in the market.
- Track record of successfully creating, growing and managing a pipeline of Small Cell opportunities in a multi-operator/multi-technology environment (or similar related market);
- Self-starter and ability to work on own without guidance;
- Proactive sales driven background and knowledge of relevant sales and business development methodologies;
- Able to penetrate new accounts through a variety of means;
- Strong focus on ‘closing the deal’ and ability to overcome objections and obstacles throughout the sales and business development process;
- Ability to cultivate strong and long term relationships with venues in order to grow the Small Cells pipeline;
- High degree of focus, accuracy and attention to detail;
- Commercially aware with a passion for entrepreneurial business growth;
- Process and task driven but willing to get into the trenches and own workload;
- Team player with outstanding communications and leadership skills;
- Demonstrablecommercial judgement in determining how to ‘win the sale’;
- Strong inter-personal skills that allow relationships to be created quickly;
- Comfortable with being challenged by fellow team members and willing to challenge team members in return;
- Willingness to go the extra mile without being asked;
- Success driven with lots of energy.
- Extensive business development experience in the wireless sector (or demonstrably similar sector). Recent experience in the Small Cells space would be a significant advantage. Minimum of 5 years of recent and directly relevant experience;
- Knowledge of successfully engaging venues and with MNO Customers at a commercial level;
- Preferably degree qualified in an appropriate subject;
- Good knowledge of wireless network solutions, technologies, deployment approaches, venue benefits and the impact on customer experience;
- Ability to produce high quality sales collateral;
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentational skills;
- Highly proficient with the Microsoft Office suite of software;
- Valid driver’s license.
- Highly competitive base plus commission
- Car allowance
- Comprehensive healthcare for self and family
- Excellent pension
- Death in service benefit
VIDEO CASE STUDY
Candidate employed by Orange Labs
"Capumen was quite different to other agencies", "Very friendly and helpful and gave advice in interviewing techniques", "I would have no hesitation in recommending Capumen to other candidates".
Kashif Chaudhry - Orange Labs
"Capumen spent time understanding our organisation and the needs of our business", "It was so obvious their CEO has spent 20 years working in the TMT sectors", "We only needed 2 interviews before filling the role".