SIGN IN / REGISTER
To apply for jobs or to upload your CV, please register your details
Head of Sales
Our client is an independent infrastructure company, who build and operate communication towers and other wireless infrastructure to enable the connection between networks and the communities that rely on their services. They are now in a growth phase and hence require a strong Head of Sales to take their business forward.
Head of Sales – Small Cells, Indoor Networks reporting to the Commercial Director, Indoor Networks.
The Head of Sales for Small Cells is responsible for managing and developing venue and mobile network operator (MNO) relationships in order to grow the Small Cells pipeline of venue opportunities to ensure the successful growth of the Company’s newly launched Small Cells business.
Small Cells as Indoor Networks
The use of small cells in an indoor environment provides venues with the ability to radically improve indoor mobile reception without the need to rely on the outdoor mobile network by creating a dedicated signal indoors for all Mobile Network Operators (MNOs). More than 85% of calls and internet access on mobiles is made from indoors and we are targeting the enterprise market with our indoor small cell product offering. This product will be simple to install and buyers will contract for this service with an upfront connection payment and a monthly service fee. Typically venues that are between 100k sq ft – 300k sq ft will be targeted for this product offering which will work for all the UK MNOs (3UK, O2, EE & Vodafone).
Working with the Commercial Director, the Indoor Networks senior team and Marketing Manager (to be hired), the Head of Sales will hold full accountability for researching, targeting, lead generation, and prospect management in order to successfully contract with venue partners.
The post holder will be responsible for managing the sales and business development process from initial research through to negotiation and completion of contracts and will comprise (but not be limited to) the following activities:
- Desktop research to identify suitable venue targets / sectors for Small Cell networks;
- Develop and execute appropriate lead generation strategies and marketing plans to turn targets into Small Cell prospects;
- Use appropriate sales and business development methodologies to develop the sales funnel;
- Develop relationships with MNO customers in order to target lead generation activities to venues that are of key interest to them;
- Develop relationships with key channel partners (including but not limited to: Property Managers, Landlords, Asset Managers & Owners, M&E Consultants, IT Consultants, IT Communications Consultants) to promote the Small Cells offering;
- Create sales collateral (including but not limited to, presentations, proposals, case studies, flyers and whitepapers) to support the sales and business development process and give credibility to the Small Cells offering;
- Identifying appropriate events to showcase the Small Cells offering and attending other relevant industry events to gain market intelligence and promote the Small Cells offering;
- Update and issue the Weekly Pipeline report to provide team wide visibility on sales and business development progress;
- Update and issue a Weekly Report to MNO Customer(s) on progress with targeted acquisitions.
- Work alongside the operations team to ensure that all supporting venue documentation is provided to support the survey and design process and facilitate introductions between the venue team and the Small Cells delivery and operations team;
- Act as commercial lead on projects pre-launch and provide a professional handover from business development stream to the delivery and operations stream;
- Attend on an ad hoc basis key meetings with the Small Cells operations team and supply chain as required in order to support the design and commercialisation process.
- Track record of successfully creating, growing and managing a pipeline of Small Cell opportunities in a multi-operator/multi-technology environment;
- Self-starter and ability to work on own without guidance;
- Proactive sales driven background and knowledge of relevant sales and business development methodologies;
- Able to demonstrate actively working with a variety of channels and channel partners;
- Able to penetrate new accounts through a variety of means;
- Strong focus on ‘closing the deal’ and ability to overcome objections and obstacles throughout the sales and business development process;
- Ability to cultivate strong and long term relationships with venues and MNO customers in order to grow the Small Cells pipeline;
- Exceptionally high degree of focus, accuracy and attention to detail;
- Commercially aware with a passion for entrepreneurial business growth;
- Process and task driven but willing to get into the trenches and own workload;
- Team player with outstanding communications and leadership skills;
- Demonstrablecommercial judgement in determining how to ‘win the sale’;
- Strong inter-personal skills that allow relationships to be created quickly;
- Comfortable with being challenged by fellow team members and willing to challenge team members in return;
- Willingness to go the extra mile without being asked;
- Success driven with lots of energy.
- Extensive business development experience in the wireless sector (or demonstrably similar sector) with recent experience in the Small Cells space – minimum of 5 years of recent and directly relevant experience;
- Knowledge of successfully engaging venues and with MNO Customers at a commercial level;
- Preferably degree qualified in an appropriate subject;
- Good knowledge of wireless network solutions, technologies, deployment approaches, venue benefits and the impact on customer experience;
- Ability to produce high quality sales collateral;
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentational skills;
- Highly proficient with the Microsoft Office suite of software;
- Valid driver’s license.
- Highly competitive base plus commission
- Car allowance
- Comprehensive healthcare for self and family
- Excellent pension
- Death in service benefit
The applicant will be responsible for leading a small sales team comprising initially of two sales staff but growing this over time as the business grows.
VIDEO CASE STUDY
Candidate employed by Orange Labs
"Capumen was quite different to other agencies", "Very friendly and helpful and gave advice in interviewing techniques", "I would have no hesitation in recommending Capumen to other candidates".
Kashif Chaudhry - Orange Labs
"Capumen spent time understanding our organisation and the needs of our business", "It was so obvious their CEO has spent 20 years working in the TMT sectors", "We only needed 2 interviews before filling the role".