SIGN IN / REGISTER
To apply for jobs or to upload your CV, please register your details
Software Test Engineer
Our Client company specialises in providing Connected Home Entertainment Solutions to Multiservice Operators to help them strengthen their end-customer relationship and drive revenue growth. Based upon their parent company's hardware and software technologies, operators are able to develop innovative convergent services and a unique broadcast TV experience, enriched by the power of Internet.
Our Client’s Mission:
They believe that the TV experience has evolved to become more ‘Personal’: consumers want a simple access to content relevant to them, at the time they want, on any device, in any place. The world of the family lined up on the couch to watch the same live television program is becoming a thing from the past and is quickly turning into a multi-screen experience, where personal devices such as smartphones, tablets and shared devices like flat screen TV’s are interlaced. Isn’t it time the TV services reflects these changes? This is their main focus.
What do they offer?
They offer telcos (in particular mobile-centric telcos) an end to end technical solution that includes:
- An innovative set of applications that deliver a cost effective way to enhance the TV viewing across any screen in the home or on the move
- An interactive and simple personalised experience on smartphones and tablets – giving end customers access to live, recorded, on-demand and even personal content.
- Compact and powerful set top boxes
- A managed service wrap to this differentiating TV service allowing not just quick time to market but also in-life developments to make sure customers stay ahead of their competition
- In 2014 they were the company and the team behind the disruptive new EETV service in the UK.
Purpose of role
The Software Quality is cross functional, pivotal role in the B2B & B2C operations team as it contributes in maintaining quality standards across our product range, they are launching this year under their own brand, in partnership with retail online partner’s like Amazon and other Retail partners. Apart from giving their live users best customer service experience, this role involves working closely with development as well as product team.
As a part of the Operations team, this role involves writing test cases for products in pipeline, executing test cases against new software versions delivered for testing, prior to launch either to telco customers or third party certification partners like the BBC, Amazon, Netflix, YouTube, Now TV, the DTG or Digital UK.
They know that more and more consumers like to know that they only pay for what they want. So they offer them great functionalities to enrich their experience on “free to air” programs, as well as access to a growing library of relevant content, either via apps or new IP channels, some free (like BBC iPlayer, YouTube, The Box Plus etc) and some chargeable (like Amazon, Netflix, Rakuten, Now TV etc).
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
The role is about championing the Test and Product Quality management associated with performing key tests within the UK, engaging with a dedicated offshore support team in defining and implementing key testing processes. Ensuring a first time fix and delivering a high level of customer satisfaction.
Responsible for the testing of new software developed by the team in Paris, ensuring that new features, functionality and defect fixes are proven to behave as designed in a UK (DVB-T2) environment with a critical eye for quality. Key measurement is Net Promoter Scores, especially from their Service Provider partners.
Definition of new test cases in line with new feature functionality as part of the release & testing strategy.
Regular engagement with the Paris based development team in the UK validation of defect fixes working both with development and production software / hardware
- This role involves exploiting a pre-existing matrixed agreement with an offshore, third party organisation based in India, headed by the Operations Manager & Customer Service stream which involves engagement with all stakeholder from comms, product and marketing teams. The role will involve closely working with offshore helpdesk resources in India, engaging with them through international calls, Google Meet etc.
- The customer first, if we don't look after our customers, someone else will
- ROI, always focus on the commercial value of what we do
- We design with Simplicity and Quality
- Always adopt a ‘can-do’ attitude, then anything is possible
- We stick together, help each other, and build our collective strength
Ability to document test cases based on product requirement document, identify gaps as early as possible, support and execute testing process agreed with all stakeholders.
Self-organisational skills and an ability to work to tight deadlines, often at short notice
Competent in software testing / defect logging on set top boxes, tablets & mobile phone software using a web based tool like JIRA.
Ability to document test cases based on product specifications.
Basic understanding of networking, linux and cloud infrastructure.
Ability to represent the organisation as an ambassador of the Company, without any additional support / assistance, hosting face to face discussions with Service provider partners
Finally and importantly: Although we’re affiliated to a well known and established business, the company is currently growing in startup mode, so an entrepreneurial spirit, opinions and proactive attitude are a must!
Knowledge of the telecoms and/or media regulatory environment · Familiarity with the UK D-Book, DTG & HbbTV testing processes
Basic level of the French language (verbal)
- The role is for a permanent position
- To start ASAP (3 month probation period
- Benefits (post 3-month probation): pension, life insurance & private medical cover
- Personal and company based performance bonus up to 25%
Please note that it will not be possible for every application to receive a reply as the number of applications we receive for each role are too numerous. If your application is suitable for submission to our client we will contact you within two weeks of your online application. All unsuccessful applications will be deleted from our records.
VIDEO CASE STUDY
Candidate employed by Orange Labs
"Capumen was quite different to other agencies", "Very friendly and helpful and gave advice in interviewing techniques", "I would have no hesitation in recommending Capumen to other candidates".
Kashif Chaudhry - Orange Labs
"Capumen spent time understanding our organisation and the needs of our business", "It was so obvious their CEO has spent 20 years working in the TMT sectors", "We only needed 2 interviews before filling the role".