SIGN IN / REGISTER
To apply for jobs or to upload your CV, please register your details
Python Developer to solve multi million dollar problems
We are an established yet growing, innovative technology company at the intersection of data science, operational improvement analytics, and large-scale finance. We deploy software to large corporates that support them in delivering millions of dollars of impact and provide automated financing solutions. Our team hails from 5 continents, is down-to-earth, and is always looking out to have fun. We are based in Central London.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to enhance the development of our automated trading and execution system, and scalable data processing infrastructure. This position will involve the continued development, streamlining / automation of our systems, data processing frameworks, smart execution engine, back-testing system, and APIs. Our stack is mainly Python and SQL on the back end, with React JS on the front end.
Experience and skills
- A Bachelor’ or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Maths, Physics or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of Python development experience in a commercial environment, plus good knowledge of at least one OOP language such as C++/Java/Go
- Excellent problem-solving skills, and knowledge of algorithms, data structures and their applications
- Good SQL skills
- Strong written and verbal communications; ability to interpret and negotiate requirements.
- Experience working in Linux/Unix environment
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Enjoys a good laugh and is ready to roll up their sleeves
Desirable but not required:
- Experience with scientific computing libraries such as NumPy, SciPy, and Pandas
- Experience in architecting scalable and decoupled complex systems; managing the development environments; high proficiency in infrastructure ops / automating
- Understanding of data science principles
- Understanding of data pipelines, and related frameworks such as AirFlow and Luigi.
- Understanding of information security and related skills.
- Experience with payment systems.
- Knowledge of ERP databases and/or Finance/Accounting/Procurement concepts
- DevOps experience
Please note that it will not be possible for every application to receive a reply as the number of applications we receive for each role are too numerous. If your application is suitable for submission to our client we will contact you within two weeks of your online application. All unsuccessful applications will be deleted from our records.
VIDEO CASE STUDY
Candidate employed by Orange Labs
"Capumen was quite different to other agencies", "Very friendly and helpful and gave advice in interviewing techniques", "I would have no hesitation in recommending Capumen to other candidates".
Kashif Chaudhry - Orange Labs
"Capumen spent time understanding our organisation and the needs of our business", "It was so obvious their CEO has spent 20 years working in the TMT sectors", "We only needed 2 interviews before filling the role".