SIGN IN / REGISTER
To apply for jobs or to upload your CV, please register your details
Lead Front End Engineer
Our Client is changing the way people give and get help, in work and life. People post questions, publicly or anonymously, and matching algorithms connect them with others in the community for fast, bite-sized advice. Following a successful mobile app pilot, they will appoint an outstanding engineering candidate to help extend the platform over desktop for delivery into leading global organisations. You must be a highly motivated individual who is excited by the opportunity to work in an early stage company, with less than 20 employees. Team spirit, dedication and passion are just as important as your strong technical skills.
You will report directly to the Head of Engineering and will work out of offices close to Finchley Road tube station or West Hampstead mainline station.
- Fully responsible in shaping and developing new and exciting features for our responsive web platform
- Maintaining and developing new features for our admin platform
- Updating and developing our responsive website and blog website
- Providing accurate estimations on all front end development work to the development team.
- Ensuring high quality on all of our web platforms
- Discussing technical solutions with clients and providing innovative ideas
- Constantly seeking to learn new technologies and keeping up to date with market developments
- Maintaining a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regards to accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies
- Developing all responsive cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solutions
- Working closely with our development team and ensuring all features are developed on time
- Good amount of experience developing single page applications, with demonstrable output.
Proven track record in:
- HTML5 and CSS3 using LESS/SASS pre-processors
- REST/RESTful APIs
- Gulp, Bower, NPM and Webpack
- Version control with GIT
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
- Conceptual understanding of UX/UI design process and development
- Unit testing (Mocha, Jasmine etc)
- Agile Scrum/Kanban environment
- AWS services
Nice to have
- Google Analytics and Mixpanel
VIDEO CASE STUDY
Candidate employed by Orange Labs
"Capumen was quite different to other agencies", "Very friendly and helpful and gave advice in interviewing techniques", "I would have no hesitation in recommending Capumen to other candidates".
Kashif Chaudhry - Orange Labs
"Capumen spent time understanding our organisation and the needs of our business", "It was so obvious their CEO has spent 20 years working in the TMT sectors", "We only needed 2 interviews before filling the role".