SIGN IN / REGISTER
To apply for jobs or to upload your CV, please register your details
Senior Data Analyst
Our Client is a smart home provider and growing all the time. They've created a family of smart products and services that connect your home and make daily living easier. It means more time enjoying, and less time planning. More time doing, and less time organising. They think that’s what life’s all about.
Ou Client is looking for a Senior Data Analyst to work within the Data and Analytics team, helping them to explore opportunities across commercial, operational and product. Deliver insights that will help the business grow and define future products and features.
What will you be up to?
- Engaging with the business stakeholders and recommending innovative insights and solutions across connected homes (remit includes but not limited to commercial, customer operations and product team).
- Hands on experience of developing analytical processes feeding into better marketing decisions, contact strategy and customer segmentation.
- Supporting the work of data scientists within the Data Platform team in order to generate insights that deepen their knowledge of their customers and help us enrich and improve our products and services.
- Pro-actively search for improvement opportunities using data and insight, articulate, prioritise and manage the hypotheses for improvement, run testing, and drive roll-out through the development teams.
- Retrieving, cleaning, and undertaking exploratory data analysis on the large data sets produced by our network of IoT products and business intelligence systems. (Python/Athena/Kafka/Redshift/s3/Elasticsearch/omniture).
- Strong visualisation skills (python matplotlib/seaborn).
- Conduct data analysis in a rigorous and repeatable manner and communicate insights effectively to colleagues across the Company.
- Strong knowledge and hands on experience of statistical modelling and analysis techniques (segmentation/clustering/optimisation).
- Mentoring junior resource.
- Understanding their customers and the different sources of data they have available and how they can be used together to deliver fresh and useful insights.
- Use data to enhance commercial opportunities (upsell/churn) and operational processes
- Delivering accurate data sets and analysis results in a timely manner
- Learning how to effectively use new storage and processing technologies as they are adopted by the Data Platform team.
- To continually reflect and improve on ways of working, to demonstrate better approaches to the process of analysis and sharing of insights. Always pushing the rest of the team to improve.
- Lead and mentor small team (2 -3 analysts)
To be successful in this role you will be or have;
- Educated to Degree level or have demonstrable experience within a similar role
- Strong knowledge and hands on experience of statistical modelling and analysis techniques (segmentation/clustering/propensity modelling) using python
- The ability to understand a problem, select the right tools for the job, and to deliver accurate results
- Able to demonstrate a methodical approach to manipulating and analysing datasets; a background in a numerate discipline and a strong grasp of statistics is important.
- An interest in understanding the IoT and how it can help our customers is essential
- A pragmatic outlook and won’t be deterred by the kind of messy data that is generated by humans and sensors
- Skills in data visualisation (matplotlib, seaborn)
- Previous experience in working with an opensource stack, therefore experience in retrieving data from various sources (SQL/NoSQL databases, kafka, s3, cassandra, elasticsearch)
- Strong Python skill is important (pandas,scikit) and use of jupyter notebooks essential.
- Able to explain what you have done and what the results mean to colleagues from different backgrounds and professional disciplines.
- You’ll naturally seek feedback on your work and look for ways to improve.
VIDEO CASE STUDY
Candidate employed by Orange Labs
"Capumen was quite different to other agencies", "Very friendly and helpful and gave advice in interviewing techniques", "I would have no hesitation in recommending Capumen to other candidates".
Kashif Chaudhry - Orange Labs
"Capumen spent time understanding our organisation and the needs of our business", "It was so obvious their CEO has spent 20 years working in the TMT sectors", "We only needed 2 interviews before filling the role".