SIGN IN / REGISTER
To apply for jobs or to upload your CV, please register your details
Regional Finance and Managerial Accountant
Our Client is a global provider of airline catering and provisional services to a significant proportion of the major airline companies worldwide. The Finance & Management Accountant involves reporting and analysing data on the regional sites in the UK & Ireland.
The role is based in Ashton near Heathrow, and involves reporting and analysing data on the regional sites in the UK & Ireland. They are looking for someone experienced in FP&A and/or a Finance Business Partner who's ambitious, driven and able to step into a Management role in the near future.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare and report monthly management accounts to the senior management providing analysis of actual revenue and costs against, budgeted and forecasted targets.
- Month end reporting for the Regional units and detailed variance analysis on revenue, costs and profit items.
- Producing weekly KPI report and variance analysis on revenue and cost drivers such as materials, labour hours and overheads.
- Revenue and Cost planning with rolling forecasts and budgets. Review direct and indirect labour with General Managers and Process Owners before submission.
- Detailed Customer Profitability analysis identifying impact of variables on the margin and assisting in pricing analysis.
- Conducting stock audits and insuring process and policies are adhered. Reviewing AvT (Actual verses Theoretical) report on materials with F&B controller and make sure corrective action are taken.
- Bi-monthly review of Continuous Improvement projects with General Manager, Process Owners and Continuous Improvement team. Agree and report financial and non-financial savings on each project.
- Tracking and presenting departmental productivityefficiency against prior year and budget.
- Improvising various financial processes such as better forecasting methods, centralisation of financial database for better reporting and tendering.
- Identify cost saving opportunities and conduct make vs. buy analysis.
- Meet customers on weekly and monthly basis to agree flights, passengers and any aircraft catering instructions (ACIs).
- Insure SACS (billing system) is updated for most up to date contract prices.
- Prepare business cases for CAPEX requests and NPV analysis.
The role requires a systematic, logical thinker who enjoys bridging and reconciling large amounts of data. The candidate should feel comfortable working with people throughout the company including dealing with customer requirements and the demands of a busy operation.
- Part/Fully Qualified Accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA)
- At least 3 years working in finance role within industry
- Catering, logistics, FMCG experience an advantage.
Skills & Knowledge
- Ability to explain financial issues to non-finance colleagues
- Strong analytical skills with an eye for detail but ability to see wider impact
- Organised and able to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Assertive and able to challenge/drive change.
- Team player with ability to develop others.
Demonstrated competencies to be successful in the position
- Thinking: Information search and analysis and Problem resolution skills
- Engaging: Understanding others, Team Leadership and Developing People
- Inspiring: Influencing and building relationships, Motivating and Inspiring and Communicating effectively
- Achieving: Delivering business results under pressure, Championing Performance Improvement and Customer Focus
Please note that it will not be possible for every application to receive a reply as the number of applications we receive for each role are too numerous. If your application is suitable for submission to our client we will contact you within two weeks of your online application. All unsuccessful applications will be deleted from our records.
VIDEO CASE STUDY
Candidate employed by Orange Labs
"Capumen was quite different to other agencies", "Very friendly and helpful and gave advice in interviewing techniques", "I would have no hesitation in recommending Capumen to other candidates".
Kashif Chaudhry - Orange Labs
"Capumen spent time understanding our organisation and the needs of our business", "It was so obvious their CEO has spent 20 years working in the TMT sectors", "We only needed 2 interviews before filling the role".