SIGN IN / REGISTER
To apply for jobs or to upload your CV, please register your details
Senior Manager – Business Intelligence
Our Client is a part of one of the world’s largest telecommunications Groups. They switched on their mobile network in 2009 and shortly after started delivering great value to its customers with a range of exciting products and services. Having built a world class converged IP network, they launched fibre-based consumer and enterprise fixed-line services commercially in 2012.
- Lead the end-to-end BI process for the company
- Engage with Business functions, understand the future data needs
- Deliver company wide information needs for business operations and strategic decision making
- Provide insights and recommendations to improve business performance
- Enable team to be the compass for the business, owning demand management and cross company analytics
- Drive new data initiatives and create POCs by leveraging new technology
- Engage with Group and leverage the Group assets and expertise
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Lead the end-to-end BI process for the company. Provide insights and recommendations to improve business performance.
- Build, implement and monitor the BI strategy for the organization.
- Lead team to own MI demand management, information governance, data definitions, design, production & delivery of reports to management (over 300 reports).
- Manage and design BI requirements and validate IT developments of the reporting/analytics environment. Publish periodic and ad hoc Performance Management reports that support greater management insight into business performance.
- Identify through cross company analytics new revenue streams.
- Ensure enterprise wide data & information is fit for purpose - data governance alignment & definition of BI & reporting activities with all new strategic programmes
- Establish robust Data Governance framework for BI
- Build dashboards and models providing insights into business performance
- Support finance function by building state of art BI and MA capabilities providing reports for monthend closure, group reporting, Budgeting, business case and Post implementation reviews
- Build strong and resilient team leveraging existing resources & SSC
Key performance indicators:
- Consistently deliver all information requirements across business functions in timely and accurate manner.
- Deliver all projects on time and within budget. Drive new initiatives, build new solutions and analytical reporting.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Telecom, Financial & Technology background with 10+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in leading BI function with Telecom operator
- Strong management experience with track record of leading diverse programs
- Ability to build and manage large and diverse teams and consistently drive results
- Experience of driving new initiatives, create POCs with new technologies and trends, and demonstrate the business value
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- University degree in Engineering, IT or other related fields
- Master degree in Business Management
- 10+ years Telecom experience
- Ability to see big picture, strategize and roadmap
- Program management experience
- Strong business acumen with attention to detail and financial impact
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Direct reports (4):
- Data Scientist
- Analytics Manager
- Data Governance Senior Analyst
- BI Reporting Senior Analyst
- 7 Shared Service Centre resources – BI
Please note that it will not be possible for every application to receive a reply as the number of applications we receive for each role are too numerous. If your application is suitable for submission to our client we will contact you within two weeks of your online application. All unsuccessful applications will be deleted from our records.
VIDEO CASE STUDY
Candidate employed by Orange Labs
"Capumen was quite different to other agencies", "Very friendly and helpful and gave advice in interviewing techniques", "I would have no hesitation in recommending Capumen to other candidates".
Kashif Chaudhry - Orange Labs
"Capumen spent time understanding our organisation and the needs of our business", "It was so obvious their CEO has spent 20 years working in the TMT sectors", "We only needed 2 interviews before filling the role".