Blockchain technology is revolutionising banking and finance. Our Client is a unique Fintech company with more than 70 global financial institutions as members, dedicated to harnessing the power of blockchain for the global finance community. They have developed their own ground-breaking blockchain platform and they are moving rapidly into production pilot with a range of financial applications in late 2017.
To support these pilot applications they are developing a suite of Network Services that safeguard the integrity and performance of the underlying ledgers and deliver shared solutions for common activities such as monitoring, reporting and compliance.
They have identified a set of core Network Services to be offered for pilot this year and are designing out the initial solutions and a future development roadmap. It is vital that the Services are robust from the outset due to the immutable aspect of the first ledger records.Job Description
They are looking to hire a talented, flexible and experienced technical consultant who is able to quickly deliver a wide variety of technical assignments to a high standard of quality, working either on their own or in small teams.
The Technical Consultant will become a trusted and influential member of the Platform organization, responsible for the rollout of a brand new digital asset infrastructure for Finance. Building upon their in-house state-of-the-art DLT platform, they are in the first stages of rollout of a global network, which will deliver a shared multi-asset distributed ledger for Financial Institutions world-wide.
This network will include a suite of Platform Network Services supporting bank operations, providing shared services that support the immutability and robustness of the ledger and enabling reporting for business network operators, participants, regulators and service providers. This suite of services is in development and the PTC will play a lead role in helping design, specify and build the services.
The successful candidate for this role will have solid experience in technology infrastructure delivery, technology services development and operation, and technology architecture, and have a strong customer service ethic.
The candidate must have experience of leading small teams and delivering successful technology and operational solutions to agreed specifications. You must have experience across the full delivery lifecycle, and be adept at developing and managing your own project plans, working in both traditional and Agile environments and be able to manage dependencies across multiple external workstreams.
An understanding of legal, regulatory and market issues impacting one or more business domains would be helpful. Experience in Financial Services is strongly preferred, but is not essential for outstanding candidates.
You must be an excellent communicator, and have operated in fast-moving, innovative and multicultural environments. You will be able to evidence an ability to balance multiple competing priorities, and be prepared to get involved in any aspect of delivery, not just managing others.
Our Client is a non-hierarchical organisation and the PTC will operate within a flat team structure, reporting into the Platform Head of Delivery and Strategy. Building close and productive relationships with your peers will be essential.
The responsibilities of the consultant are to execute a variety of technical assignments to deliver quality outcomes in short timescales.
Examples of assignments include but would not be limited to:
- Running technical working groups, liaising with architects from banks to collect requirements, identify and test solution options
- Development of architecture deliverables e.g component models, deployment models
- Creation of standards, policies and guidelines e.g creation of operation procedures
- Product selection
- Design and configuration of operational tooling
- Delivering technical training on the Company's products
- Client presentations on technical topics
- Liaison with platform development team on customer requirements
- Gain an excellent and in-depth knowledge of the Corda products from both a design and operational perspective
Skills and experience
The individual must be an experienced technical consultant with a minimum of 5 to 10 years of consulting experience across a wide range of technical topics. They are likely to have a formal education in a highly technical and precise field but no specific education is required provided the candidate can demonstrate precision, intelligence, judgement, initiative, tenacity and achievement
- 5 years plus internal or external technical consulting experience
- Must be articulate and have strong client facing facilitation and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service ethic
- Demonstrable experience of leading technical consulting engagements to successful completion
- Delivery focused and able to meet both tight timescales and deliver high quality outcomes
- Must be a self-starter and able to work with limited supervision and guidance
- Demonstrated analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent technical authoring skills
- Familiar with financial services infrastructure, processes and systems
- Capital Markets and/or core Banking technology experience would be beneficial
- Skilled with modelling tools such as EA UML, ideally with experience of Sparx EA tool
- Good general experience of technical infrastructure and operations