SIGN IN / REGISTER
To apply for jobs or to upload your CV, please register your details
Service Operations Lead
- Our Client is looking for dynamic and self-motivated business operations individuals, passionate about technology innovation, who can help develop and operate a set of business services to be offered to financial institutions converting business to our proprietary Distributed Ledger platform.
- Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) is about to revolutionise the world of financial services and the Company's platform is at the forefront of that revolution, backed by many of the worlds’ major financial institutions and engineered specifically for Finance.
- This is your chance to join the DLT revolution. You will be expected to contribute to the design and development of the business services as well as take on their day-to-day operation, joining a small team and helping build it out according to demand.
- The successful candidate for this role will be able to demonstrate ambition, initiative, agility and a hunger to learn as well as the discipline developed through operating live business services within the financial, or similar, industry, where customer service excellence is of paramount importance.
- Alongside the technical innovations that DLT affords, our Client believes that the quality of the business services they deliver to their customers on the back of those innovations will be fundamental to the success of their company. You must have an obsession with great customer service and bring that to everything you do.
- Initial services will go live in Quarter 1 2018. You must be able to work at pace whilst keeping a resolute focus on operational robustness, service level achievement and risk management. You must have experience of helping design and document operational processes and procedures, as well as testing, operating and improving them.
- You will work closely with the technical teams to understand how the platform operates and what technical services it provides, with a view to building the most efficient and valuable operational activities around them, and evidencing these through a comprehensive and well-thought out set of SLAs.
- You will be able to evidence your ability to balance multiple competing priorities, and reliably operate the services in accordance with SLAs whilst simultaneously helping develop them to meet increasing customer demand.
- Banking or capital markets experience is preferred, but not essential. You must be an excellent communicator, comfortable working in a fast-paced and technically innovative environment, and someone who can demonstrate experience of helping build and run an operations function in a fast-moving, innovative and multicultural environment.
The Operations role will report into the Platform Delivery Manager.
- Deliver initial business services to support early pilots (Q1 2018), executing all aspects of the operational build, from requirements through to implementation.
- Design and documentation of all operational processes, procedures, SLAs and controls.
- Test and implement the services, helping define and execute a clear and robust go-live plan.
- Run the business services in live operation, consistently meeting SLAs.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of the services, including support for forward capacity planning and resource management.
- Contribute well-thought out requirements to the technical teams, in order to help improve operational performance and customer service.
- Work with third party suppliers where relevant, helping build robust hand-offs and liaising with technical teams to ensure these are adequately supported.
- Work with the technical and sales teams to ensure clear boundaries are agreed between scope of the business services function and all other areas.
- Build and maintain a repository for deliverables and operational documentation.
- Ensure quality control of internal and external client-oriented documentation.
- Building and running business operations in a highly automated environment.
- Working closely with technical teams to balance human and automated functions to the benefit of the customer.
- Learning a new technology and applying that learning to improve business operations.
- Ability to work closely with colleagues at all levels of the organisation, developing strong and mutually respectful working relationships.
- Understanding new technology and its application in a business setting.
Able to demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Highly organised and able to successfully deliver on multiple competing priorities, without losing control of any one of them.
- Ability to self-motivate and take ownership and responsibility for tasks, with the diligence and persistence to consistently complete them to a high standard.
- Can-do attitude, but willing to speak up when issues demand attention. Solution-oriented.
- Comfortable to work beyond the strict wording of the job description in order to achieve the firm's objectives
- Excellent writing skills, able to convey complex subjects succinctly and clearly.
VIDEO CASE STUDY
Candidate employed by Orange Labs
"Capumen was quite different to other agencies", "Very friendly and helpful and gave advice in interviewing techniques", "I would have no hesitation in recommending Capumen to other candidates".
Kashif Chaudhry - Orange Labs
"Capumen spent time understanding our organisation and the needs of our business", "It was so obvious their CEO has spent 20 years working in the TMT sectors", "We only needed 2 interviews before filling the role".