SIGN IN / REGISTER
To apply for jobs or to upload your CV, please register your details
For the past three years our Client has been working in partnership with over 100 banks and various other institutions to build a Distributed Ledger platform. It was developed to specifically address shortcomings identified in other blockchain and distributed ledger platforms, shortcomings which have, so far, prevented wholesale adoption of distributed ledger technology by various financially regulated institutions such as banks, exchanges and hedge funds.
As a Support Enginner you will be part of the Support Team who are in direct contact with the Company's customers. They are responsible for development support of the platform and for 1st and 2nd line operational support of the network. They investigate issues from customer’s developers who have come across unexpected behaviour while building software based on their platform, and issues from customer’s production teams operating nodes connected to the network.
The support team are technical, tenacious, approachable, pro-active, excel at communication and exhibit strong ownership. They follow issues through to resolution, press for root causes and fixes, share knowledge, ensure customers are kept updated, operate from a platform of continuous service improvement, seek constant feedback and take steps to address that feedback.
- Provide a single point of contact for incoming technical calls related to products and services
- Ensure all Production services provided by the firm remain operational and continue to meet their SLA’s
- Case resolution - research, resolve and respond to complex customer issues across the product line
- Daily operations - including team operations, process improvement and information sharing
- Make best endeavour attempts to resolve all support requests at a 1st or 2nd line level
- Ensure all support requests (no matter how small) are ticketed and that all investigation progress is added to the ticket
- Take part in handovers to other teams in different geographies
- Ensure customers are updated regularly and frequently with investigation progress
- Ensure all identified workarounds or known issues are fully documented on the Support Team’s Wiki
- Execute the Incident Management procedures in the event of a serious live service incident
- Act as go-between for 3rd line Technical Teams and the customer, relaying technical explanations or resolutions in appropriate language
- Ensure all operational processes defined by the firm are followed and respected
- Constantly strive to identify and implement improvements to technologies, processes and methodologies used in the team
- Java, Kotlin (or another JVM-based language)
- Scripting language (e.g. Bash, Python, Perl)
- Familiarity with Linux and Windows and how to investigate software malfunctions on these OS’s using their various tools and commands
- Basic networking investigation (e.g. connectivity issues, network traces)
- Familiarity with operational monitoring tools
- Familiarity with financial services infrastructure, processes (e.g. ITIL) and systems
- An understanding and familiarity of blockchain and distributed ledger technology
- Experience working on enterprise development projects
- Familiarity and experience with Incident Management processes
VIDEO CASE STUDY
Candidate employed by Orange Labs
"Capumen was quite different to other agencies", "Very friendly and helpful and gave advice in interviewing techniques", "I would have no hesitation in recommending Capumen to other candidates".
Kashif Chaudhry - Orange Labs
"Capumen spent time understanding our organisation and the needs of our business", "It was so obvious their CEO has spent 20 years working in the TMT sectors", "We only needed 2 interviews before filling the role".