SIGN IN / REGISTER
To apply for jobs or to upload your CV, please register your details
Lead Java Engineer
We are an exciting new London based start-up, changing the way people give and get help, in work and in life. Our platform empowers people to ask questions and give bite-sized advice to others. You can ask publicly, or anonymously. It’s really easy.
We have an open community, where everyone can benefit. We also provide closed groups on a subscription basis to businesses who wish to provide their employees with “peer to peer” learning and support. Businesses using us gain valuable talent insights into their workforce, from trending topics to workplace sentiment. This enables data-driven decisions to be made on talent and culture.
When our users talk about us, this is what they say:
“A brilliant way to discreetly tap the best brains about career and life” Director, Sky
“A safe environment for me to ask questions and get relevant advice. I’ve gotten so much wisdom, helping me make decisions and be better at what I do” Analyst, Barclays
“Imagine if all of the insight and common experiences across the world of business could finally be shared - that’s why being on this platform makes me so happy” - CEO, Decoded
You will report directly to the Head of Engineering and will work out of offices close to Finchley Road tube station or West Hampstead mainline station.
This lead java role involves taking responsibility for developing quality technology solutions. You will be solving and simplifying challenging problems, working with a first-class team, utilising your own experience, skill and well known scalable frameworks.
- Excellent understanding of Core Java and how to build scalable Java processes
- Experienced in graphing technology e.g. Neo4j, OrientDB – clustering, querying, integration
- “Big data” technology e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra
- Knowledge of multi threading, multi-tier architectures
- Expertise in SPRING, Apache KAFKA
- Understand messaging and notification concepts
- Experienced with Agile processes, JIRA, task management etc
- Experienced in load testing, creating unit tests and functional tests that exercise functionality with respect to load
- Able to model data structures & algorithms resulting from user stories
- Able to write java processes which can manage large volumes of data
- Bonus: Machine Learning experience – Sentiment analysis, natural language processing or predictive analytics
Specific experience in:
- TDD, JUnit , Mocking, Load & Performance testing, Memory Leak prevention and detection
- Experience in AWS and IntelliJ IDE
- Web Services (SOAP, REST)
- Hibernate, Maven & experience of latest release tools
- SQL experience – ideally multiple database vendors
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to learn and try new approaches
- "Can do" mentality, methodical thinker with excellent logical problem solving skills
- Highly motivated to achieve goals – must display exceptional work ethic
- Excellent team-player willing to go the extra mile
VIDEO CASE STUDY
Candidate employed by Orange Labs
"Capumen was quite different to other agencies", "Very friendly and helpful and gave advice in interviewing techniques", "I would have no hesitation in recommending Capumen to other candidates".
Kashif Chaudhry - Orange Labs
"Capumen spent time understanding our organisation and the needs of our business", "It was so obvious their CEO has spent 20 years working in the TMT sectors", "We only needed 2 interviews before filling the role".