SIGN IN / REGISTER
To apply for jobs or to upload your CV, please register your details
Head of Products & Pricing
Our Client is a part of one of the world’s largest telecommunications Groups. They switched on their mobile network in 2009 and shortly after started delivering great value to its customers with a range of exciting products and services. Having built a world class converged IP network, they launched fibre-based consumer and enterprise fixed-line services commercially in 2012.
This is a newly created role reporting into the Consumer Busines Unit Director who reports to the CEO. Significant budgetary responsibility.
You must already be a Director as succession planning means your next natural step would potentially be to become the Consumer Business Unit Director.
Lead product & pricing managers and a cross functional team across the business to develop clear insights that establish branded positioning and a roadmap of proposition activities across all aspects of the customer experience.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
1. Product Strategy:
- End-to-end management of core service product lifecycle including management of product quality, performance, trends and experience to generate commercial and experience orientated product recommendation
- End-to-end ownership of building and analysing new products requirements across all the business entities and manage the execution across the different departments
- Lead Go-To-Market streams by managing all stakeholders to successfully introduce new products to the market
- Management of mobile product lifecycles, including plan, launch, maintain, retire
2. Pricing strategy:
- Understand the market, competitors and segment opportunities
- Identify customer and commercial opportunities through analytics
- Comprehensive understanding of the business revenue and costs models
- Define strategy on how prices will be set and rules as to how and when they will be changed
- Use the pricing strategy to support pricing recommendations as part of GTM RFP response activity.
3. Deliver pricing and business cases:
- Use the pricing strategy, comprehensive analytics and competitor considerations to create pricing recommendations for market activity and enterprise customer proposals
- Timely delivery of business cases and with clear visibility of the right sensitivities for all planned and competitive response items
- Challenge inputs where needed to ensure fair and balanced commercial evaluation of proposals that are driven by the right parameters and consider all costs and relevant risks
- Ensure with Finance alignment and approval on all business case deliverables prior to final proposals
- Post implementation reviews of activity to validate benefit delivery
4. Consumer forecasting and planning:
- Maintain consumer KPI forecasts as part of weekly trading management
- Identify commercial opportunities or risks as a result of emerging trends or variances
- Articulate drivers of forecast variance to budgets or plans
- Lead commercial representative for the consumer commercial planning process
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Commercial Acumen: Commercial mind-set with extensive experience in senior commercial roles managing segment P&Ls, including responsibility for pricing, communication and customer/channel investment decisions
- Insights, Proposition Development, Customer Experience: Ability to make critical decisions on key insights, developing branded claims and to prioritise and deliver proposition and customer experience roadmaps
- Commercial experience: Experience operating in marketing function, preferably with additional experience in an operational (sales or customer operations) function.
- Leadership: Strong personal impact. Ability to present to senior leaders. Ability to communicate complex subjects in a simple way.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Advanced marketing skills and knowledge, ideally from managing successful consumer P&Ls
- University Degree qualification preferably an MBA from leading business school or equivalent calibre
- Previous work experience in telecoms/technology industries, FMCG and/or professional services
Key performance indicators:
- Product P&L profitability
- Profitability targets of specific business cases enterprise deals
- Accurate and timely delivery of forecasts and commercial review material
- Quality of support material and stakeholder alignment
VIDEO CASE STUDY
Candidate employed by Orange Labs
"Capumen was quite different to other agencies", "Very friendly and helpful and gave advice in interviewing techniques", "I would have no hesitation in recommending Capumen to other candidates".
Kashif Chaudhry - Orange Labs
"Capumen spent time understanding our organisation and the needs of our business", "It was so obvious their CEO has spent 20 years working in the TMT sectors", "We only needed 2 interviews before filling the role".